Sunday, June 7, 2009

Busy Times!!!!!






Anthony continues to play baseball, which is quickly nearing the end for this season. Anthony has improved in his throwing and batting skills, but he still doesn't care much for being out in the field waiting for the others to bat so he can chase the ball. I am hopeful that with time Anthony will learn to stay engaged in the game and be patient while his friends have their turn to bat. Once we are finished with the season I will post a few more pics of Anthony in action.

Last week Anthony was able to participate in the Special Olympics for his school district and it was fun! It was very heart touching to see my little man walking in the opening ceremonies, yes I popped a few tears. As he paraded by he looked into the crowd looking for me, and of course I was screaming his name loudly so he could easily find me, and when he did boy did I get the biggest smile! After the opening ceremonies Anthony was then able to go to the different stations and participate in all the activities. It was hot outside, so the fluids and Popsicles were easily available for the athletes to consume and Anthony made sure he stayed well hydrated.

It was very heart touching for me to see the high school students who volunteered to work the stations and did so with open hearts and eagerness to make sure all the kids had fun, and with honor to be able to be there with our children. The cheerleaders were cute in cheering at every station. The opening ceremonies were very festive thanks to the nationally winning marching band's awesome music.

All I can say is that I am very touched and thankful that Anthony is able to participate in such activities. 6 years ago and even just 3 years ago, many of us wondered if Anthony would ever be able to participate in such activities, so when you hear me say I shed a tear at the smallest achievements, it is because I am thankful my son is here and healthy to be able to do the smallest task. I take great pride in Anthony's achievements as I know all too well how much harder he has to work to do what most of us take for granted. I am always touched by the beautiful community who come together to give of themselves so that Anthony and other students like Anthony get an opportunity to be part of a chance to succeed.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, he is one active little guy! You must be so proud of him. Of course he lucky to have such a cool Mommy!

    ReplyDelete